The soup is delicious. Super limey. I used sweet onions so the onion flavor was relatively mild. I will say, though, that it is VERY light. Make sure you supplement it with something hearty like Jalapeno Kream or something like that. Or if you’re doing breads, a nice slice would go well here. This recipe was adapted from Ani Phyo’s Raw Food Basics.
Mexican Lime Soup
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped mild green chiles (2 large)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (4-5 limes)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cups filtered water
- 2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and sliced
- Begin by placing the onion, chiles, lime juice, salt, garlic, thyme, and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Set aside to marinate and soften for at least 20 minutes.
- Then place the water and tomatoes in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add the marinated vegetables with their marinade. Pulse gently to mix.
- To serve, divide among four serving bowls. Top with the cilantro and avocado slices.